Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year, 2013

This has been a most unusual New Years Eve with all the attention on the Fiscal Cliff. I had CNBC on all afternoon and watched the stock market fluctuate with the news from D.C. I only listened with one ear while working at my PC on 2012 pictures. For the past several years, I've printed collages  of those selected to best represent our years activities. It is a time consuming process but gives me an opportunity to really study the pictures and recall the situation that prompted there being taken. I have finished 2 sheets so far with 51 pictures on the first sheet and 46 on the second. We are enjoying a concert from Lincoln Center on PBS but will plan to see the ball drop in Times Square later. While we enjoyed New Years Eve parties when we were younger, I can't think of any place I would rather be on this cold, snowy night than right here at home. I didn't really believe my folks when they expressed those preferences, but I do now. Oh, we may have a toast to the New Year as the ball drops and be sound asleep before midnight here in Seward, Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment