Friday, June 17, 2011

My Brother


My brother Jerry died last evening at the age of 74. He had fought lung cancer for several years, under Hospice care for the past couple months, but we had a very good telephone conversation as recently as a week ago. He was a good man, had a great, closely bonded family, and a wealth of friends. Jerry did many good things for many people. Among the many things he built for me(us) was this shoe polishing box. I believe it was a HS “shop class” project and think he made several of them for relatives. What a great gift. I don’t polish shoes as often as I once did, but whenever I did or do, it is always a reminder of Jerry. The price of shoe polish has increased considerably over the years but the precision, hand-made, shoe polishing box has remained, PRICELESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment