Monday, February 25, 2019

The Bobby Layne Orchestra

 This was my first day for getting back to work in sorting old files. This is a picture found in one of them that includes (l-r) Bobby Layne, me, and Don Miller. It was taken at a reception where Bobby Layne was honored at the Seward 4th of July celebration in 2003. We watched a NET program during the past few days that featured Bobby Layne and his orchestra with its 65 years of history. Operating out of Lincoln, NE the orchestra has performed nationwide and with some of the best of the Big Bands. He has owned the Pla-mor Ballroom near Lincoln for a number of years and still holds events there. Elaine and I have danced to their music many times over the years in the Bee States Ballroom, Utica's Flying V Ballroom, the Star lite Ballroom near Wahoo, etc. Now that I've found this picture, I'll have to do some checking to see if we still have one of his records. I know we did at one time but many were "distributed" in the process of our Auction and moving here to Brookdale.

No comments:

Post a Comment