Monday, February 18, 2019

Family and Therapy

Verlon made this vest and did all the art. work on it as a HS project; his detail in the art work made it fantastic. I picked out a special picture of each of our 4 kids to have on the blog page tonight. This one of Tim with his Chocolate Birthday Cake and Nebraska shirt would have been taken the year he he was out here at UN-L or possibly his Senior year at Wakefield HS. This picture of Jon as a Boy Scout was when he was quite young,  He spent several years in the Cub and Boy Scouts. Carolyn's picture included here is when she was older than the ones of the boys. It has always been of of our favorites of her. She and Elaine were down to spend some time with me today. She even helped me shave and comb my hair. One of the male nurses sat  me on a plastic chair in the shower and scrubbed me down which made me feel better; he also put a clean pair of sox on me. This was all new experience for me. While I've spent 3 different week long sessions in hospitals over the years, I was able to shower independently. I did also get a nap of about an hour after lunch to help make up for some of the sleep that I missed out on last night. The Therapy for restoring the collapsed lung is so much different than anything previously, it is hard to understand; it involves Oxygen level, blood pressure, etc, It must be working with the good reports.,



No comments:

Post a Comment