Thursday, February 21, 2019

Dr. Nickolite was the primary physician that enabled me to come home yesterday afternoon. Ben and Carolyn were down to get me with Elaine staying at home to prepare the "homecoming". It took Carolyn's help to pick up new prescriptions and get me lined up to take them at the right time. Carolyn got me a "walker" from Walmart and adjusted it for my height. It certainly gives me more stability than walking with a cane. I have been "overwhelmed" by the number of people who have had me in their prayers and certainly appreciate every one of them. I slept surprising well last night. My biggest pain has been in my neck since coming home. It had no connection to the lung but resulted from looking up high watching the TV in the Hospital. Ben bought  a little Pulse Oximeter that snaps of my finger and measures pulse and Oxygen level. It is a good reminder of the need to take deep breaths through my nose, hold it, and then exhale slowly through my mouth. Keeping the Oxygen level high helps restore the collapsed lung. Carolyn will take me back down to Bryan tomorrow for a 9:30am X-Ray and other checks.

No comments:

Post a Comment