Saturday, February 2, 2019

Punxsy Phil and Google

Punxsutawmey  Phil didn't see his shadow back in Pennsylvania this morning nor would he have been able to see it in Seward, NE because of  heavy fog. This implies that spring type weather will be coming on early. However, news coverage indicates that the Groundhog's prediction is generally wrong. I have been a much stronger believer in getting rain 90 days after a foggy one. I have noted my scheduler for  Friday, May 3 which will be 90 days from our fog today. My Dad always marked up the calendar with the rainy day predictions. While rainy days may cause some inconvenience, we in Nebraska seldom complain about too much rain; especially those of us that remember the drought and depression of the 1930's. My more immediate concern is a message from Google that may effect my writing a daily blog page. This one tonight will be #2,867 since late 2010. If some of my regular readers are no longer able to check on "The Crow's Nest", I regret it. It has been an excellent way of letting family and friends know what we are doing. We have certainly appreciated this service provided by Google.

2 comments:

  1. I got that email, too, Dad. I figured they meant my email account, but don't know what I'm supposed to do about it! Hope it doesn't affect your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony-
    My Name is Brandon, I live in Beaver Crossing and have been doing some personal research on the surrounding area. My Wife and I moved here 3 years ago.
    Im actually writing you to comment on your post about Smileys Water Gardens. (I was not smart enough to find your contact information through this blog, such as a email, and was not sure if a old comment on a post would pop up on your screen).
    Our home is located directly west of there and our property matches up to what use to be smileys. Our house was built in 1898, Which means it was here before smileys and survived after. From which research I have found our house was right in the heart of the artesian well system which supplied the town along with smileys gardens. I was extremely excited to see that you had planned a trip out here and I learned some more of Earle Smiley from your post. Such as he was a pilot- I also work in the aviation field. You had wrote that you had found a catalog of his and passed it along to his daughter. And the picture you had posted was one I had not seen yet of the women with her kids standing in the gardens.
    I am on the expedition to learn more. And was curious if you had anymore information or be willing to share what you have learned yourself. Thankyou for your time in reviewing this. Feel free to email me back at maresgarage@gmail.com. Im excited to here from you!
    - Thank you so much, Brandon Mares

    ReplyDelete