Wednesday, February 13, 2019

My Folks Retirement House

Apple pie and Coffee with Don and Gladys; Elaine and I,  at Dad and Mothers during the Christmas Holiday season of 1987. It was always a pleasant experience. Mother had lived in many houses during her 90 years, but none came close to providing the appreciation and pride both she and Dad had in their retirement house on North 5th St. here in Seward. They had some 15 years of enjoyment in the "relatively new" house following their farm sale and retirement. The house was built by Norm Schulz in the mid '50's for a widowed Mrs. Mercer who could afford to add any features that Norm suggested. Ironically, Clarence Schmidt and I did the Landscaping of the place at that time, and I added a few things after the folks moved in. Just recently, I met the Lady that has lived there with her husband for about the past 10 years. They are the 3rd owners since the folks and also appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment