Saturday, February 16, 2019

Collapsed Lung


I am shown here as a patient at Bryan East Hospital in Lincoln with a collapsed Lung.  I woke up Thursday morning with extreme difficulty breathing. With initial observation at Brookdale and treatment in the Emergency Room of the Seward Hospital, I was air lifted by helicopter to Brian where I am undergoing further treatment and recuperation. The lady in the picture is setting me up in their Portal system to be able to access reports and information. As I understand the process, it involved inserting a tube in the lung cavity through my right side to draw out excess air and restore the lung to it's normal size. We are hopeful that this can take place within the next few days and I can get back to Brookdale. We certainly appreciate the prayers, support and loving care from Doctors, nurses, family and friends.

1 comment: