Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Untypical Fall Day

This picture was taken yesterday of the Hospital parking lot. The corner from which I took it is only a half block from our house. The parking lot and landscaping covers a full city block which is directly across Columbia Avenue from the Hospital. The maple trees are a very crimson red when the sun shines on them. Unfortunately, we didn't have much of a chance to enjoy them today. We had appointments with our Ophthalmologist in Lincoln this morning. Since it involved both Elaine and I, we spent over 2 hours in the examination room. Elaine will have surgery to raise "drooping" upper eye lids. I got a new prescription for trifocals. Despite these "corrections" we were both pleased with the Doctor's assessment of our "eye health".  
I attended a joint meeting of the City Council and the Seward County Commissioners this evening to discuss the question of the County joining the City in building a 15 million dollar "Wellness Center" here in Seward. There will be further discussions but the consensus seemed to be that it would be very nice to have but it may be difficult to get people to agree to  pay for it through an increase in property tax. My earlier City Council remark was quoted when I said, "I wanted a Mercedes until I found out what they cost." (It was such a busy day that I didn't even remember the World Series game but got to see the last 3 innings.)

No comments:

Post a Comment