Sunday, October 27, 2013

Seward Auctions

Schweitzer's had an Auction yesterday down at the Ag Pavilion for Albertina Luebbe. I went down soon after it started at 9:30 and found so many nice things that I came back and took Elaine down to see everything. Pictured here is the "Doll Section" which was certainly outstanding. There were many very nice things but nothing that I wanted badly enough to keep me away from watching the Nebraska-Minnesota football game at 11:00 am. I was still optimistic that the Huskers could pull it out but it wasn't to be. Once in a while you can win a game when the opposition out plays you, but not very often. Yesterday, the best playing team won. We didn't stay for Social Hour after Church this morning but came home for a sandwich and off to Underwood's Auction for the Russ and Marian Keller estate. It was a beautiful 70 degree day for an "At the House" auction but I didn't find anything there either that I couldn't get along without. Since I've been working on eBay to get rid of "stuff", I'm much more selective about what I bring home. I did enjoy the social aspects of both auctions as an opportunity to visit with old friends and even with a couple new ones. One of the new friends has lived for several years in a house that my partner Clarence Schmidt and I landscaped at the time the house was built over 50 years ago . It was heartening to hear him tell how much he appreciates what we did and that they are still enjoying the trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment