Sunday, July 24, 2011

A tree from a Mustard Seed??

Add caption
Rev. Doug used the parable of the mustard seed scripture reading for his sermon this morning. The point of the parable being the contrast between small beginnings and great endings.  I didn't find the Church service as a whole particularly inspiring, partially because of the songs being unfamiliar though their words fit the message. As we were preparing to tee off for our 12:00pm tee time, I learned that Charlie didn't get to Church this morning. Since I wasn't especially excited about what I learned in Church, I asked Dale to tell Charlie what he missed. His response was similar to what mine would have been. He said, "I didn't realize that mustard grew to being a tree". We both agreed to do some research and see what we could learn. If Jesus said the shrub pictured above is a "tree", who are we to question it. Incidentally, I needed a mulligan on my tee shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment