Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Sox

I have reached the stage in life where very few things I buy, or are given to me, are as satisfying as the items they are replacing. A few years ago the question was being asked: “How many Senior Citizens does it take to change a light bulb”. The answer was 100. It takes 1 person to change the bulb and the other 99 to tell how good the old one was. That may be an exaggeration but my last computer, camera, phone, pair of shoes, golf glove, straw hat, etc. didn't seem to be as good as the old one. (At least not for a while.) However, I was recently pleased with the purchase of 4 new pairs of sox. We got them at the J. C. Penney store in Lincoln. They are the easiest to pull on and off, most comfortable sox I have ever had. They are Dr. Scholl's Crew sox, consisting of 95% Polyester, 3% Nylon, and 2% Spandex. It may be the Spandex that sets them apart. I understand it has some elastic features. They were made in China with satisfaction guaranteed by Dr. Scholl's Sox in Mt. Airy, NC. The sox carry the seal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. And yes, they were on sale when we bought them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment