Thursday, June 27, 2019

Inadvertant Delete

When one moves to a "Retirement Facility" like we did nearly 2 years ago, it takes a while to learn your new role. Many of the task and activities that occupied your time in previous life are no longer relevant. Partially because of your own declining physical and mental ability. It takes some time to learn new activities that are within your abilities. Time is no longer the restraint that it was during your previous life. I have spent many hours working with the thousands of pictures that we have accumulated over the 70 years of our marriage. The Objective being to pass on to future generations those items of interest to them. The project was facilitated a year ago when Jon bought us a 35mm slide scanner for use in moving images through the computer to a Flashdrive for storage. I have also used the computer scanner to process print pictures to a Flashdrive. Jon has copied most of these onto Flashdrives of his own, but I continue to develop indexes and information to perfect our product. Currently, the picture shows my listing of our 25 envelopes of printed pictures during 1990 with a few words describing contents.  This afternoon I attempted to type the listing on my Mac Book Laptop with Open Office,org Program. After about 4 lines I hit something that just deleted everything I had written, that was bad enough but I went back to the beginning and was down to about the last quarter, when it happened again. I used all the search features and found nothing of what I lost. There was no warning or indication that something bad was going to happen. Carolyn told me this evening that she indicates "save as" while working on such items. I will certainly do that as I begin again and can accept the fact that I'll do the best I can in the time I have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment