Monday, June 24, 2019

Birthdays Over the Years.

With my Birthday coming up tomorrow, I pulled  out my "Over-the Years"  binder this evening and reviewed the 15 pages of how I celebrated my birthdays beginning with this one when I was 5 in 1930. Mother planed a party that included cousins and neighbor kids and I was proud of my birthday cake. While we had several significant events for my birthday including last year when the 3 boys and Carolyn were all here, we didn't consider them celebrations like the 5th and 90th. Our family was here to help celebrate our 70th Wedding Anniversary earlier this month, so I'm only hoping for phone calls tomorrow. Back in 1948 before Elaine and I were married, "I cultivated corn on the south quarter, drove the truck to town to have it worked on while I went to the Dentist. Took Elaine to Lincoln to the Open Air Theater. Joe Lewis knocked out Joe Walcott." Our most popular place to celebrate birthdays and Anniversaries, has been the "Olive Garden" in Lincoln. 

No comments:

Post a Comment