Wednesday, July 11, 2018

The Tritones at Brookdale

The Tritones from Fremont, NE - Pam, Cindy and Rosie entertained us at Brookdale this afternoon. They pattered their "act" after the WWII Andrews Sisters and even sang some of their old songs. They invited the audience to sing along with them which some of us enjoyed. There was a good turnout and those that didn't make it missed a "great show".  "Count your Blessings" was one of their outstanding numbers. Cindy from Anselmo, NE learned "The Auctioneers Song" as a youngster after going with her Dad to the local Livestock Sale Barn, and sang it as a solo. We were setting in the front row where she apparently heard me singing along with her. When their program was finished, she came over to ask me about it. I told her of learning it from my Brother Don who was a professional auctioneer. We later sang it as a Kitone number but never quite as well as just Don and me.

1 comment:

  1. A favorite song... My momma sang count your blessings to me as a child and I sang it to both of my children.
    I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete