Saturday, July 28, 2018

Owens Garage Sale & My Pictures

Carolyn has been helping Julie prepare for a garage sale that was held today out at the Owens place. Sadie was set up with a Lemon Aid Stand as a Welcome to the many nice clothing items for little kids that were displayed on tables in the garage. We drove out to Ridge Run after picking Elaine up from the Beauty Shop at about 10:30 and were surprised at the number of customers. Jack was pleased to see Elaine and ran to meet her with a book for her to read to him. John had laid out a Calaway 5-wood for $5. that I would have bought back in my golfing days. Living in a place like Brookdale certainly limits the appeal of many thing because of storage space, need  and physical ability to utilize them.
 Having reached a goal of processing family Digital pictures in preparation for putting them on a large Flash Drive, I moved on today to the challenge of scanning print pictures. My first task was to make an inventory of all such pictures we have to work with. (Our 35mm slides are in another category) I just pulled out a couple packets of 26 pictures each from December of 1990. We chose 10 from one packet and 12 from the other. I "processed" both and have them on the desktop of the HP computer. It was a pretty slow process as I did it but wanted to get started before Jon's come to visit next week and make suggestions for efficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment