Thursday, July 5, 2018

"The Lost Cord"

With our company gone home, my birthday and the 4th of July "in the books", this was a day to put things back in place. Among them was the VCR tapes that we brought out of storage and sent some home with Tim. The rest have been put in the closet. Julie's little old RCA TV  has worked great for playing them. The scene shown here is of Vivian, Don, Janice, Jerry, and me singing "The Lost Cord" etc. for our Dad's 90th birthday at the farm in 1986. It was pretty emotional when Carolyn helped get it set-up and playing recently. I'm anxious for Don and Janice to hear it. We went down to Walmart this afternoon for some supplies and a battery for my watch. I took advantage of their electric riding shopping carts and "buzzed" around the store. Elaine had a hard time keeping up.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe Mom should ride in one, too! You could have races!

    ReplyDelete