Monday, July 2, 2018

Old Soilders Live On.

I am indebted to Jerry Meyer for this great picture of our "reenactor" guests that will be with us for the Seward, NE 4th of July Celebration. I'm sure there will be a great crowd at the Hillcrest Evangelical Free Church down on Progress Road tomorrow evening. They will speak and be part of the Vaudeville 1918 "Welcome Home" celebration.We were able to meet them last night at the Band Concert and had a good discussion with "General Patton" (Gib Buckbee). I told him of my experience of being in a 3-week "Senior Management in Government and Business" course at Harvard U in 1979.
He seemed to be familiar with the course and of the participants being divided into small groups of 6-7 for working on assigned projects. My small group included General George Patton II. He is shown at the center of this picture with his white hair. I am the 2nd from the right end with my moustache and plaid pants. Our Paton looked very much like his Dad and carried his Ivory pistols in the Korean War.  I received an invitation to his 3-star retirement event but we were back in Nebraska and couldn't get away. We exchanged some personal correspondence and he has since passed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment