Saturday, July 21, 2018

Good Saturday

Elaine had a 9:00am Beauty Shop appointment this morning. We had left the car in the parking lot near our patio door to aid in getting there on time. I picked up a couple things from Pack n Sav and went to the Schweitzer auction at the 4-H building. This was the first auction in Seward for some time so their was a good-sized crowd. The "merchandise" came from several sources with no names mentioned. #15, Tommy Schlueter (front row left) got his share of bargains. He does a lot of EBay selling as a hobby and has an occasional garage sale.
I didn't buy anything and left the auction after a short while to be out front when Elaine was finished. I took this picture of "Shear Reflections"; her beauty shop through the windshield of my car while waiting for her. Some of the reflections are interesting. For many years this was a Barber Shop and then became a Shoe Repair place that also sold men's work shoes. I believe it was the last place in Seward where you could get a "shoe shine". We had a great Bar-ba-Que Rib Dinner at Brookdale with mashed potatoes, gravy, asparagus with salad and Rhubarb Crisp dessert. It was a great Dinner. After a short nap, I found the "switch" on my HP computer where I was able to bring it back up after shutting it down last night. I was able to get through digital pictures and others on DVDs from the 60's and 70's that I have in folders on the desktop. I'm cleaning them up before putting them on the 32 GB Flash Drive. I worked on some 800 pictures just this afternoon. We appreciated Carolyn and Ben stopping by to do some watering and gardening on our Patio plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment