Thursday, January 25, 2018

Weather was nice;the Day was busy

I have neglected my dental care during the past couple years during which time I had very few conscious problems. That doesn't mean that decay wasn't taking place; even under crowns. I had an upper, front, right crown replaced late this past fall after biting into a tough pizza crust. Then recently lost a filling and part of one of the moalers while working on the crust of a Brownie. This afternoon, a technician took pictures and Dr. Matt examined all of my teeth and gave me the verdict. It seems that I have decay under 5 of my crowns. We scheduled an appointment to have the crown removed from the upper, front, left tooth, the"stump" repaired and a new crown installed. We also scheduled for having the recent injury repaired by trying to do so with a filling; realizing, we may have to put a crown on it. I brush my teeth every day but don't know how much my negligance in having them cleaned and visiting the Dentist regularily has to do with this recenctly recognized problem. I doubt that any of this cost will be covered by Medicare or Blue Cross/Blue Shield but we will  see. We may just have to take it out of the Estate. 
While we were out this afternoon, we also dropped off my Cowboy Boots at EtCetera along with 2-pair of wingtips. The black pairs were Florsheims which will make someone a very nice pair of dress shoes. This is the only pair of Cowboy Boots that I have ever owned and wore them only a few times for square dancing. Our supper this evening was served by a young lady who is usually dressed in black. This evening she wore a printed blue dress that was very attractive and brightened the spirits of all she served. We continue to be impressed with the courtesy of the staff here at Brookdale.

No comments:

Post a Comment