Friday, January 19, 2018

Dr. Jason Summa and My Bi PAP Machine.

I have been using my Bi PAP machine (Bi level Positive Airway Pressure) for about the past 6 weeks. It was prescribed by Dr. Rudersdorf in cooperation with Dr. Jason Summa, our local family Doctor. The equipment has been furnished by ACS Medical,LLC of Lincoln. I received a call from them yesterday of  having met the initial use requirements and of need to meet with Dr. Summa for a discussion of its use. We met this afternoon where I told him of my progress in becoming accustomed to the equipment. We talked about my having recently had normal dreams during the night which indicated that I was getting into a "deep sleep". Earlier I awakened frequently and never reached the stage where the air pressure may be most beneficial. I wasn't able to report any noticeable change in my energy level but believe the "shortness of breath" may have improved. I pushed a shopping cart all over the Walmart store this afternoon without stopping to rest until after having made my rounds, and Elaine was picking out cards. I have been writing these blog pages since the late 2010's. And, do it primarily for family and friends. This happens to be the 2,500 page that I have published. I have retained all of them on a Flash Drive. I also find that just "searching" for any subject or reference used on this number of pages, will bring them up for review and benefit. I started this years ago with the idea of it being something I could do as I got older and unable to do much physically. It's Working.                              

No comments:

Post a Comment