Thursday, January 11, 2018

Family History

This is my 2017, page 3 collage of selected pictures. It is 1 of 4 collages which were made in Excel with some 150 selected photos. This page begins with the Family Reunion at Mahoney in  late July and ends with loading furniture for our Auction. (Page 4 is basically the Auction). In addition to these collages and captions describing them, we also have a listing of "Highlights" and a Narrative of activities. I am still working on the last 3 months of the narrative for 2017. We have done this sort of thing for the past many years and have put it all on DVD disc. One of my goals for activities here at Brookdale is to put together scans of many of our older pictures and slides and make a booklet of DVDs to pass along to family. I have no idea how much this will mean to them but know how much I would have enjoyed  something like that from my Grandparents. We prize the few things that we do have like the picture of my parents at the time of their wedding back in 1920  shown near the bottom right with my boots. I also wonder about technology and trust that DVDs will be able to be played for many years into the future, and just working on it gives me a challenge and purpose in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment