Tuesday, January 16, 2018

"Just Us" and Memories

"Just Us" performed at Brookdale this afternoon for the January Birthday Party. Virginia Bock was there and recognized for having her 100th birthday on January 1. There were several others honored for having birthdays during this Month. A good crowd attended and we all received cookies. The fellow with the red shirt was the leader and vocalist of the group. The fellow to the left joined in harmonizing on some of the songs. They played many of the old Country Western songs that Jon and I used to sing when he was still in HS and the only one of the kids still home. They also sang many religious songs and most of those were familiar. We had naps after lunch on this cold, single digit, windy day so didn't get there till after introductions had been made.
I regret not getting their names, but the fellow to the right also played a Banjo on several songs. It really added a lot to the melodic rhythm. I spent a good share of the day on the PC bringing up to date the files that we have in a Document file called "Over the Years". It contains folders on: Dates to Remember; Wedding Anniversaries; Elaine and my Birthdays; Thanksgivings; Christmases and Christmas Letters. I always refer to my daily Journal to bring files up to date and print out copies to keep in a binder. This is a separate file from my "Pictures and Activities" which includes: Pictures; Selected pictures for collages and captions; and, Highlights of the Year. I also get these files on DVDs. I've been doing this for many years which gives us a way of renewing memories during these retirement years.

No comments:

Post a Comment