Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Reality of Pictures

We were in Cattle Bank this morning renewing a CD and I took this selfy of Elaine and I with my phone. One reason Carolyn gave me her old one after getting a new one was for taking pictures. The phone was "reconditioned" so it works well, I'm still learning on it. My camera is O.K. but doesn't have the "detail" of the phone. I have long believed in the old adage that, "you need to be careful what you wish for since you might just get it". I thought of that as I looked at this picture. The bags under our eyes and wrinkles wouldn't nearly have shown up as vividly in a picture taken with my camera.  I have no reason to disagree with what is shown. But, I did get my haircut that included my eyebrows being trimmed this afternoon, which may have helped a little. We were able to get a better long term CD rate than we have had for some time so that was "good news" and we were happy. Just think what we would have looked like if the rate had gone down. When Carolyn sees this, I can almost hear her saying: "Dad, it looks just like you".

No comments:

Post a Comment