Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Beatles on Ed Sullivan S

It's only appropriate to recognize the Beatles on this the 50th anniversary of their appearance on the Ed Sullivan show. Elaine and I went to a movie that evening and didn't see the show but we certainly soon heard about it. They played in D.C. a couple days later to a sold out crowd. Among my age group, there was more discussion about their hair than their music. What appeared revolutionary at the time is now quite commonplace. Elaine and I never picked up the enthusiasm for the Beatles that our kids did and millions of other people, I went through our old 45's, 78's, and an index that we have of all our LP records and couldn't find a single Beatles record. I know we had some at one time but they probably went along with the kids as they went off to college. But even without one of their records in the house, we still have great respect for the group and how they changed the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment