Sunday, February 2, 2014

Confirmation at Bee, NE Church, 1919

This picture was taken in the spring of 1919 in front of the Church in Bee, NE where my Grandparents and many relatives were members. My Dad is the tall young man with the hat at the top of the picture. His Dad (My Grandfather) is at the left edge of the picture in the third row. Grandmother is seated at the left end of the second row with a dark hat in front of Grandfather. The four young people sitting in the front row on either side of the preacher were the Confirmands and are all cousins. Though I don't believe anyone on the picture is still alive, I knew many of them. There is a certain amount of Dignity evident in the way these people are dressed and present themselves. And, most of them could speak Czech as well as English. (I have the names of the people on this picture and their relationship which can be made available to family members.)

No comments:

Post a Comment