Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Grandma Carolyn and Sadie

Grandma Carolyn and Sadie came to visit this morning. Sadie is 18 months old now and continues to learn new words. She likes to eat Rice Krispies with a spoon and to move them from one container to another. She does a remarkedly good job of it. I went off to coffee while they were still here but Sadie cried when they left because she didn't want to leave. That made Elaine's day. I went to the Chamber of Commerce noon luncheon where Julie Wilhelm with the University of Nebraska spoke on obtaining Government Grants. I was also able to get the last of the pictures assigned to me for the Kiwanis Directory. Then in continuation of my efforts to keep my mind challenged, I pulled out our old camcorder and a tape of our 1997 Globus 10 Country tour of Europe. I hooked it up to our TV, and Elaine and I have enjoyed reliving one of our greatest trips. Carolyn and Julie went with us. Our timing couldn't have been better. It was the summer before Julie's Senior year in High School. We were young enough to enjoy all the rigors of travel and now we can set back and enjoy the pictures of earlier times.

No comments:

Post a Comment