Saturday, August 31, 2013

Nothing is Easy

Our oldest son carved this Eastern Bluebird some years ago and gave it to Elaine. He also put together the total display. We have enjoyed it over the years and occasionally see a Bluebird in our back yard. I have never tried may hand at carving. Like all farm kids, I carried a pocket knife, would do some whittling and could even make a whistle out of a willow branch. Some of my friends have taken up carving birds, turkey calls, duck decoys, etc. during their retirement years. I have been more inclined to the Photography hobby in the past. However, after dropping a carousel full of 140, 35mm selected slides from a Globus Tour of Great Britain, and seeing them scattered all over the floor, I wondered if I shouldn't take up whittling. I don't know if I could ever carve anything but if I tried and messed-up, I could just throw it away and start over. I wouldn't have to have Elaine help me  spend all afternoon like we did trying to get those slides  back in order. Fortunately, she had typed up a list of what picture went is each numbered slot. Unfortunately, trying to  identify the pictures after not having looked at them for several years is what made it difficult. Nebraska's opening football game against Wyoming is a bit more difficult too than what many people expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment