Friday, August 30, 2013

Mistaken Identity

Our Nebraska Chapter of the Soil and Water Conservation Society holds an annual golf tournament at the Highlands Golf Course in Lincoln. I asked my cousin Ted to join us in the event a few years ago and am shown here pointed at the license plate on his Lexus SUV. Many of my friends play in the event, but few of them knew Ted. Since they all know me as "Tony" they took it for granted it belonged to me. People my age are not judged as much by the vehicle they drive as when we were younger, but I still felt a bit more respect from my friends that day than normal. Ted has had a very successful career as a lawyer and judge, and I'm pleased to see him enjoy such a vehicle. We grew up during the drought and depression days of the '30's, and he deserves any of the luxuries that may come his way, he's earned them. Meanwhile, I got in my old Buick La Sabre and headed for Seward without even winning a flag prize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment