Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday in Seward, NE


This was not your average Palm Sunday but at least the snow that fell in Seward in Friday didn't build up. But it did snow with big flakes all Friday afternoon. This morning, we were up early to participate in a Lodge breakfast. It included Belgian waffles, sausage, strawberries, blueberries and all topped with whipped cream. This with a glass of orange juice. Then the second course consisted of ham & egg casserole, with a roll and coffee. I probably would have gone to sleep in church after eating so much had it not been “contemporary” Sunday with the drum beats and all that goes with it. I don't think even an Air Traffic Controller could have slept. With only a cup of coffee for lunch, I met a buddy for 9 holes of golf. It was the second consecutive day when I wore my hooded sweatshirt and jacket to keep warm. When I got home our thermometer showed 52 degrees. Hardly an appropriate day for an Easter egg hunt that was underway as we left the Church

No comments:

Post a Comment