Here is a house in our neighborhood; a block and a half from where we live. According to the National Register of Historic Places Registration Form, it is registered as the Harry T. Jones House. The house was designed by architect George A. Berlinghof and built by John Hughes and Sons in 1889-1890. The house is architecturally significant for its distinctive Free Classic Queen Anne style and one of the best examples of the style in the State of Nebraska. Berlinghof also designed the Seward County Courthouse, the Thomas building and the Goehner Buildings in Seward. The property also includes a two-story brick carriage barn built in 1890 that has been used for a garage. The property has been in the same family ownership since it was built. It has had several additions and renovations, including a very significant recent one, but the integrity of the original design has been preserved. It is a crowned jewel in our great community.