Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Rain Guage

I'm not trying to run any competition with Ben Hughes on rain gauge pictures on Facebook but this is mine. The water level is sitting right on 4 inches which all fell during the past week.  This was another of those cloudy, cool days with a few light showers. According to forecast we can expect a continuation of this weather till the weekend. 
We had a good Men's coffee this morning with 6 of us spaced around two small tables. I had the privilege of suggesting the topic for today and chose the "upward mobility program" of USDA Soil Conservation Service as one of the projects during my career of which I was most proud. This program enabled a number of capable individuals to rise above the Technician level to full professional status similar to what I had done. As we went around the table it was projects for which each of them had a deep passion that made them outstanding. This was true of Coaches, Design Engineers, Salesmen, Teachers, etc. I think we all enjoyed the session that took us up to Lunch Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment