Monday, May 11, 2020

Little Harrods

By January 1992 I was fully retired from the Soil and Water Conservation Society in Ankney, IA, The Nebraska Natural Resources Commission and SCS for whom I had worked for some 33 years. Pictured is one of the long standing coffee groups in Seward during this era. Jack Graff owned and operated a quality Men's Clothing Store here on the Square and traveled with his wife to London to buy merchandise occasionally. He was responsible for the setting being called Little Harrods. Actually it was the coal room in the basement of the Kolterman's variety store. Patrons included: John Cattle, (right side looking this way), Jack Graff, Bill Heidbreder, Don Kolterman, Norman Schultz, Me, Clark Kolterman and Grandson. I'm sure Don Miller who had a Cleaning Plant, would have been there and taken the picture. The group met on Saturdays here at Kolterman's and during the week at Miller's Dry Cleaning Plant. I was invited to join the group soon after returning to Nebraska in 1980 while still working which I enjoyed frequently. John Cattle invited me to be a member of the Cattle Bank Board of Directors after one of the meetings. I served on the Board for 25 years. Several of the senior members of this group have moved on but, it certainly filled a nitch during its day.

No comments:

Post a Comment