Tuesday, May 5, 2020

5 Short Years

Elaine pulled out some picture albums this afternoon that included this one of our family celebrating my 90th Birthday. It was taken out at the Hughes Cabin and the celebration included a great group of family and friends. It's difficult to realize that this event was 5 years ago. Prior to the Virus Pandemic we had some thoughts of getting together again this summer but all plans have gone by the way-side. I did get out of our Brookdale Quantine this afternoon to have blood drawn for a PSA test prior to seeing Dr Henslee tomorrow morning. I have plans for Brookdale to take me to the Specialty Clinic for a 10:00 am app't tomorrow morning. I was welcomed in the vestibule of the hospital this afternoon by a Staff member who took my temperature and put a "Hospital Mask" on me over the one I already had on. The PSA reading will probably indicate the need to go back on hormones to put the active cancer cells to rest or just hold off for another 6 months to check the readings progress. Back on 11/6/19, the reading had risen to 4.58 from 1.96 during the previous 6 months. I'm not anxious to go back on hormones unless necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment