Monday, May 4, 2020

"How Great Thou Art"

Mother had taken a strip of drafting tape, put it at the top of this record cover and written on it " To Pop for Christmas from Bud 1977". I came across it a few days ago when taking all the records out of the storage shelf of our record player. I played both sides of it this morning. In fact, I played "How Great Thou Art" twice as George Beverly Shea sang from his collection of RCA Victor records. I must confess to not having any memory of giving this to Dad back in 1977. We would have still been back in Virginia but I checked my 1977 Diary and found that I had gone out to Lincoln for a training session and had taken along gifts for the folks at that time. They went out to California to have Christmas with the Sorge's. My guess is that we bought the record at the GEM store in the DC area. After 43 years, I still enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment