Friday, May 8, 2020

Adjustment to Virginia

Here is a happy picture of our being in the Fairlington Apartments following our move into the Washington DC area in 1962. Ellen was a little neighbor girl that Carolyn baby sat and became a "buddy" for all the kids. We had some continuing realtionship with she and her family after moving to our house on Arlington Ridge Road. Our kids all took the move from Lincoln, NE to the Washington DC very much in stride. They all went on to Graduate from HS while we lived on Ridge Road. It was a great location for Elaine and I going down the work in the Federal Building and for me to continue mu education at George Washington University in the District. I finished my Bachelors degree in 1967 and my MBA in 1970. The kids were well along with their college education by the time I finished. Verlon at VCU in Richmond, Va; Tim at Duke University in Durham, NC, ; Carolyn at Appalachian State at Boone, NC; and Jon at Virginia Tech at Blacksburg, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment