Sunday, May 17, 2020

Just 5 years ago

While this was shown a couple weeks ago,it was never completed in my record of Blog pages published.  Please bear with me if you are being subjected to this for the second time. "This was taken 5 years ago when Tim, Tony and I flew down to Miami to see the Marlins beat the Nationals 3-2. I have long had an objective of seeing Major League games in all 30 of the stadiums. While I have achieved my objective a couple times during the years, the fact that they continue to build new stadiums makes it a continuing goal. When the new stadium in Miami was the only one keeping me from making the "boast", Tim and I began serious discussion. His legal schedule was the determining factor in choosing the April 23-25, 2015 series between the Marlins and Nationals. Tim flew out to Nebraska for a short visit and to be with me on the trip. Tony flew on down by himself. Tim had made all reservations. Ben picked Tim and I up early on the morning of the 23rd and watched an early sunrise as we took off from Lincoln for Atlanta. We changed planes in Atlanta to fly to Miami. It was there that I had my big shock as we went to change planes and Tim pointed to the Wheel Chair on the ramp and said, "This is for you Dad." Once I realized the distance we had to travel, I was very appreciative of the "wheels". We continue to use them on the way home. Achieving the goal was short lived when the Atlanta Braves built a new stadium for their team to be used this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment