Sunday, March 11, 2018

Tiger and Big Bucks

I watched the Velspar Invitational with Tiger Wood all afternoon and suffered with him as a putt lipped out and others fell short.  But his long game was great. We go to supper early and I missed his 44' birdie putt that put him  9 under and just 1 behind the winner, Paul Casey. Watching golf was a pleasant diversion from all the basketball we've seen lately. It was also disappointing that Nebraska didn't get a wild card bid to the NCAA, 68 team Basketball Tournament. I may fill out a bracket again this year and will root for Duke. While they may not be among those teams favored to win it all, if they play as will as they have on occasions during the season, they could. I understand that Bagley might be the #1 draft pick which will end his college career.  With the short number of years that Professional Basketball players are able to make the "big bucks", it's hard to criticize them for grabbing them when they can. I didn't get my first college degree until I was 41 but wasn't distracted by the wealth that they are if they go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment