Sunday, March 25, 2018

NCAA Basketball

I apologize for this NCAA Basketball Bracket not showing up very well. My interest in the Final Four  and National Championship went down considerably this evening with Duke's overtime loss to Kansas in Omaha. I didn't get my picks made until after the 4 "Play in" teams were determined so here are my "scores". In the first round, I picked 22 of the first 32 winners. I had 7 of the Sweet 16 winners, only 3 of the Elite 8 and just 1 of the Final Four. I had Duke beating Virginia for the National Championship with North Carolina and Villanova in the Final Four. With Loyola having knocked off several higher seeds, they could become a "Cinderella Team" by winning it all but Villanova, Kansas and Michigan will each  have their chance. Our interest in Duke Basketball goes back to the days when son Tim was a student there and kept some statistical information on the games. He and 3 of his old Buddies usually get back down to see a home game in Cameron Stadium once a year. One of his friends has season tickets which is their way in. It seems to me that the game of basketball continues to evolve. There always were some "fine lines" that determined  blocks and charges but the acceptable physical contact today makes is a more different game than what it was just a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment