Saturday, March 10, 2018

Archie and his Folks

We were pleasantly surprised this afternoon when Tim, Carle and little Archie came to visit. They had been in town on another mission and had talked with Tim's Grandpa Don on how to find us. We have enjoyed Tim over the years including seeing him pole vault with Hastings College here at Concordia some years ago. He and Carle seem to have been made for each other and little Archie is just as special as what might be expected. He is approaching 6 months and will challenge my weighing 25 pounds when I was 6 months old. I doubt that my personality was as pleasant as his with a smile on his lips and a twinkle in his eye. Carle said that when they brought him back to her in the hospital and laid him on his stomach, he tried to raise up.
 We all took the opportunity to hold the big boy and get the benefit of his size and strength. He has wrinkles in his arms and legs but his wrinkles are not like mine. Tim has all the attributes that make for being a very good father. As I watch these young fathers like him and John (father of our Great Grandchildren), I marvel at their parenting skills. It makes me realize that I could have done much more to help when our four were growing up. Fathers like them could help solve many of today's problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment