Friday, March 30, 2018

A Secular Good Friday

We received a treat this noon while eating lunch. The Easter Bunny came around with candy bars for everyone. It was really a King Size Bunny complete with ears and tail. The "Bunny's" Mother asked if I could send this picture to her cell phone. I had never done that but it worked. I haven't tried it again but may be better than E-mail in some cases. I continue to spend some time on the HP following up on some of the things that Eric showed me the other evening. I also resolved a problem with the "Mail inbox" of my Mac Book. I prefer that the newest incoming mail be at the top of the file but somehow it got switched to the bottom. After trying many things, I finally Googled the question and was told to just click on the "Date Received" heading at the top of the mail listing and that would reverse the order of the display. It worked. I can see how it got reversed by my attempting to open the mail message immediately below the heading and the cursor slipping up one line. That happens quite often in making corrections but can usually be easily corrected. I am convinced that getting to "know" a computer is a matter of learning and remembering "tricks". I have heard it said that the reason some of us have such flat foreheads is because when someone shows us a trick, we hit our forehead with a fist and ask: "Why didn't I think of that".
Elaine got  her hair cut and a Permanent this afternoon. After picking her up from the Beauty Shop, we stopped at the self service "Coffee Shop" here at Brookdale. While we had been there for meetings before, it was the first time for us to take advantage of making a cup of flavored Latte and having a cookie. We  weren't real pleased with the picture in the coffee shop, so I took another at the "Supper" table.

No comments:

Post a Comment