Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Computer Set-up

I did some cleaning-up in the west room today and got rid of the old keyboard and monitor from our '07 HP PC. I have a lot to learn on the new HP Notebook and HP Desk Jet Printer that Jon set up for us when they were here last week. I have learned to do some of the basic operations on the new machine but still rely on my old Mac Laptop for much of what I do. (Including writing this blog sheet, etc.) I have kept our old '12 HP printer which works fine for printing, copying and scanning but was unable to get  hooked-up to the new Notebook. It is handy for Elaine to use to make copies for which she often has need. I don't have a remote printer connection but am able to use the old one for printing from my Mac with a USB connection. Among the things I have learned on the new "set-up" is how to scan pictures, process, store, and put them on a DVD, if desired. We have moved literally thousands of prints up here and one of my objectives is to fix up a "package" of pictures for each of the kids. I felt that putting them on DVDs was appropriate, but Jon talked about "Flash Drives" being more practical. I have used Flash Drives to store all of my blogs pages for the past several years.
This is the way the new "set-up" looks. I still like to use the mouse and key board  at a lower, more comfortable level on the computer desk. The new Notebook has small left and right pads in addition to the regular pad but I haven't used them. I'm really just using it as a computer and monitor. We have a very active "Team Mates"chapter here in the Public School, and I wonder if it could be reversed and some computer savy student might come over and "Mentor" me on Windows 10.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment