Monday, March 26, 2018

Kiwanis at Concordia

Our Kiwanis Club met this noon at the "Dog House" in Janzow on the campus of Concordia University.  Thank you to Devin Smith and the staff for helping us with the meeting.  Dr. Brian Frederich stopped by with a  welcome. There were 40 Kiwanis members in attendance, many of them with Concordia connections. I was impressed with the number of staff involved with the 600 students in Athletic programs. That number represents half of the CU enrollment. One of the young coaches sat across the table from me, and I suggested that he looked a lot like Grayson Allen, the Duke star that didn't get the roll on his last-second shot last night. Drew Olson, CU Women's basketball coach, also talked about their dropping the NIA Final recently. They had a great season and will be back next year to win it all.




1 comment:

  1. Hello My name is Libby Hayden, I am the Community Liaison Coordinator for TFI Family Services in your area. I wanted to check in and see if there would be a possibility of setting up a time to speak to your group about Foster Care and other opportunities to help the children in state custody. If so please contact me at ehayden@tfifamily.org or call me at 785-294-6606. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Sincerely,
    Libby Hayden

    ReplyDelete