Saturday, March 31, 2018

Retirement Activities.

A major challenge of Retirement is finding enjoyable activities that are compatible with your abilities. My early retirement years involved serving on various Boards, Travel, Gardening, playing Golf, etc. I was able to continue many of these early activities, with modifications, as time went on. By the time we decided to consider moving to a "Retirement Facility" last summer, I had given up on many of the earlier activities.  The new "lifestyle" provides the opportunity to do some of the things I didn't have time for earlier. One of them is working with the "thousands" of pictures we have taken over the years and maintained in an organized manner. I had visions of scanning and putting them on DVDs for family inheritance. I have worked the past couple weeks as to how best to do that with my new computer. However, today I had the thought of starting out with the selected pictures already in collages. This 1956 collage includes our taking Elaine's folks to CA, etc. This is one of 13 that I have put in a computer folder along with captions that can easily be put on a DVD, Flash Drive or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment