Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Washington State 2003

A few days ago I had a "friend" request from a lady by the name of Scrivner. While I seldom add "friends", I thought it may lead me to "Jerry" an old friend. Last night Cori called and told of Jerry having died a few years ago but remembered of our having visited them in the Spokane area back in 2003. Elaine and I had driven out for the Annual Meeting of the Association of Retired SCS Employees (ARSCSE) held concurrently with the Annual Soil and Water Conservation Society (SWCS) Meeting. We had first gone to Seattle where we saw the Mariners beat the Texas Rangers 11-5. 
I wound up my two-year term as president of the ARSCSE organization with Bob Eddleman from Indiana taking over and Rich Duesterhaus to serve as President elect. Son Jon had a Poster Display at the SWCS meeting. We got together with Cori and Jerry Scrivner who took us up to visit the Bing Crosby memorial at Gonzaga University and on out to their farm on the 29th of July 2003. We enjoyed seeing their horses, lamas, dogs, etc. We also visited Edna and Lew Kehne before heading for home.

1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying your blog. You are an excellent writer.

    ReplyDelete