Friday, February 23, 2018

Some Fine Lines

I have read that having at least one good laugh per day helps our mental alertness as we grow older. Laughs don't come easily some days and I wonder if just being "amused" by some things might help a least a little. At supper this evening we enjoyed our salad of Papaya, Pears, etc. and overheard  discussion at a neighboring table where ladies were apparently curious as to what all was included.  The server brought out a 1-gallon size can and let them read about the contents. I found the whole incident somewhat amusing and took this picture instead of big "belly laugh" but to me, it was one of the most humorous things I saw all day. Some may think this next item is even more amusing.
But to those of us who grew up on a farm, Rawleigh Antiseptic Salve was a necessity  and not a bit funny. The amusing part of it is that Elaine "found" it last night after thinking it was lost in the move. While we get concerned about "expiration dates" on medication today, Elaine remembers that this can of salve was bought from a traveling salesman when she still lived out on the farm with her folks. That was over 65 years ago. Now that's funny, but I did put some of it on a spot on my arm that I scratched, and it looks better tonight. Last night I was so pleased to report my PC coming back to life. After working great all day, I went to supper tonight without getting it shut down and now can't get it back up. I think our son Jon would say that my trying to keep the 10+ year old computer alive, is more amusing (or pathetic) than these other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment