Monday, September 25, 2017

Sad Appearance

I haven't mentioned having lost the crown from a front tooth a week ago while eating a Pizza supper. I have had it for over 25 years and had to have it put back in place a few years ago after biting into a plum seed. This time I was not as lucky. After looking "for a needle in a haystack" for several days, an x-ray showed no signs of it in my system. This morning I was able to get an appointment with our local Dentist to have it replaced on October 3. I had already visited him and they have the technology to actually take images, "construct" a crown, and install it during a 2-hour appointment. It's missing gives me the "fretful" appearance that I felt this morning in dropping my old 620 Kodak camera in the garbage. It was my first camera which I bought after working on highway construction during the summer of my 16th Birthday. We still have some of those early pictures including one of Mother working in the garden and another that I took of the farmstead from near the top of the windmill. While I sorted out several other expensive 35mm film cameras and even some digital ones to go on the auction, I don't expect any very high bids.

1 comment:

  1. Dad--you should put that camera on the auction! Some people like old cameras, you know.

    ReplyDelete