Monday, September 4, 2017

A Good Omen

I was reading the paper this morning when I saw this Crow just off our patio & took it as a "good Omen" to welcome us to Brookdale. The word for crow in the Czech language is Vrana which explains why I call this blog site "Tony-The Crow's Nest". Some years ago Carolyn bought a life size artificial "crow"  that we have displayed on top of a fence post down at the house but it never attracted live companions. Carolyn also put a small wooden crow on our front door here before we moved in. But to have a real live one greet us at the back door this morning and then fly up on a roof, was a real treat. Our house is in the downtown area with many old trees which provides a much different environment for birds than what we have in this area that has been developed much later.
These 19 pair of new socks are an example of why people shouldn't have more storage space than necessary. (some of these are multi-pair packets) These were all stored in my big chest and the ones that I wore were kept in a dresser drawer with shorts, undershirts and hankerchiefs. Elaine washed 3-4 times/week and my drawer was always filled like magic with what I needed.
When Brother Don and I played golf a year ago this week, and took a picture next to the "John Cattle" Blue Spruce which we grew from a seedling and planted near the Tee Box on #4, that we would be living in Brookdale today. We planted this as a Memorial for John since he had done something very similar with a Red Oak when one of our golfing buddies lost a Grandchild. We have several of my old golfing buddies up her, some who still play, and one of these nice fall days, I'll have to see about going out and just riding around the course in a cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment