Sunday, September 10, 2017

Good Progress Today

This was a great day in my adaption to living here in Brookdale. Ben and Carolyn got my old HP PC moved up to our "computer/sewing" room. We are scheduled to have Windstream out on Tuesday to transfer our phone and Internet system. I was delighted to be able to download pictures from my camera and "process" them into my normal files.  I have been using my Mac Book connecting with the Brookdale's Windstream server and cell phone for communication since we have been here. Carolyn and I spent a lot of time considering alternative set-up's before we came up with this one. We would never have thought of setting the computer up on the desk shelf had the connection to the printer not being so short that it had to be close.  It is a much more compact set-up than our earlier one. We hope to get a plastic floor mat tomorrow to easier roll my chair.  Ben was also able to repair Elaine's sewing chest this afternoon by reattaching the 4th leg. I have long recognized that every old man needs a daughter living near him and it also helps if her husband is a Handyman and a guy like Ben.  We could have never made this move without their continual help and encouragement.

1 comment: