Thursday, September 14, 2017

Every Day a Holiday

I spent several hours today at this station going through old work files, saving a few items, and recycling most of it. This afternoon I even went through Life Insurance files and reduced their thickness by about 70%. I disposed of paper today that we would have moved from our house in Arlington, to Fairfax, VA to the Farm and then to our current house 36 years ago. Those files were reduced by about 98%. I have saved some of the old SCS/NRCS information for Jon as well as any thing I had on Hugh Hammond Bennett. Very little was saved from my 8 years with the Nebraska Natural Resources Commission nor my 3 years with the International Soil and Water Conservation Society where I headed the staff. 
Elaine took time out this afternoon to get a new permanent from her regular beautician downtown. They have a Beauty Shop here in Brookdale but Elaine is not ready to make any unnecessary changes, those required are enough. Melissa, the Dining Service Director came in to interview us today. She asked of any food allergies and our reaction to what we had been served. I told her of my problem with onions and of some other things I don't care for. Elaine was more constrained in her comments. We have learned that there are often alternatives particularly to salads and desserts We usually have 2 choices of entrees when we sign in a day ahead of time. Our temperature was up to 95 in Lincoln after not even reaching 90 during the month of August. And, the air conditioner  in our unit quit working. We didn't notice it until after supper so had to call Jim who came up from the Milford area to put in a new battery and get it going. All of the employees here go the "extra mile" to make people satisfied, a real plus. Oh Yes! we found the IRS file and got our quarterly payment made.

1 comment:

  1. Not a good day to be without A/C! So good of Jim to come back from Milford to fix it. I don't think the Brookdale staff could be any nicer.

    ReplyDelete